- Four Questions You Should Ask Your Web Marketing ConsultantPosted 4 years ago
- Email Marketing – 5 Essential Tools That Make Take Your Business To SuccessPosted 4 years ago
- Publishing Blogs and Law Firm Web Marketing – Uncommon Synchronization?Posted 4 years ago
16 Search Engine Optimization SEO – DOs and DON’Ts for Small Businesses
If you own or manage a small business, search engine optimization SEO can give your site a big traffic boost and in time increase your profits. Unlike most online marketing strategies, SEO is more affordable and increases your visibility by improving your site and content, which makes it a highly reliable long-term strategy. But for search engine optimization (SEO) to be effective, it’s important to do it the right way. Here are some crucial DOs and DONT’s.
- DO hire a search engine optimization company if you don’t have time to do SEO yourself.
- DON’T neglect video SEO (search engine optimization).
- DO set aside a budget for SEO, just like you do for marketing and advertising.
- DON’T do search engine optimization (SEO) once and then forget about it – for it to be effective, it must be an on-going effort, monthly effort.
- DON’T disregard the impact that web design has on SEO – a poorly designed site won’t be popular even if it’s keyword-rich.
- DO invest more in search engine optimization (SEO) if you’re an e-commerce site since it can dramatically boost your traffic and sales – here are some tips on SEO for e-commerce sites.
- DON’T overuse keywords, anchor text, or outbound links, a bad search engine optimization SEO practice punished by Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- DO add tags and descriptions to your pages, ensuring that they are relevant and include keywords.
- DO add keywords to your headlines, content (image titles and Alt tags & video titles as well), and outgoing links.
- DON’T fail to implement social media sharing buttons on your site.
- DO optimize your site for mobile users, as more and more people browse the web and shop online using smartphones and tablets.
- DON’T use convoluted URLs – keep them short and to the point.
- DO improve page load times by optimizing large images and videos for the web.
- DON’T use an outdated theme as it can have a negative impact on your site’s performance and search engine optimization (SEO) rating.
- DO use Google Analytics to better understand your site’s search engine optimization (SEO) and improve it.
- DON’T ignore local SEO – when ranking well nationally in your market is impossible because of fierce competition, focus on local search engine optimization (SEO).
Looking for a fast, reliable, and affordable search engine optimization company? We at LaV1.com have the experience and strategies necessary to optimize your site and improve its visibility, so that you will get more traffic. Try our search engine optimization SEO services now!