- Four Questions You Should Ask Your Web Marketing ConsultantPosted 4 years ago
- Email Marketing – 5 Essential Tools That Make Take Your Business To SuccessPosted 4 years ago
- Publishing Blogs and Law Firm Web Marketing – Uncommon Synchronization?Posted 4 years ago
8 Video SEO Tips For Beginners
If you overlook Video SEO you lose traffic. Videos that are not optimized for search engines don’t appear in the search results, making them virtually invisible to Google, Bing, or Yahoo searchers. Video SEO isn’t hard at all, so you don’t have any excuse not to do it. Here are a few tips to help you get started. They apply to all your videos, whether you post them on your site, social pages, or in your YouTube channel.
- Give your videos catchy, keyword-rich titles. You will want to include in the title your main keywords whenever possible. Make sure that the title is relevant. This is a crucial video SEO tip, so start with it.
- Add tags to all your videos. Video tags should include relevant keywords. Don’t stuff your videos with tags, though – while a few carefully selected tags are valuable, many haphazardly chosen ones are simply useless.
- Write a concise, keyword-rich description for every video. One or two short sentences will do. The description will help search engines index your video more easily, and possibly give it a better SEO ranking.
- Post videos on social sites and popular video sites and include links on the video page that direct users back to your site or product page. You will build valuable backlinks.
- Use Google Webmasters Tools to create a video sitemap of the video content on your site. This ensures that Google’s crawler picks up all your videos and indexes them. It’s a simple but highly effective video SEO tip.
- Break long videos into smaller ones, naming them accordingly, i.e. (Part One, Part Two, and so on.) The shorter your videos, the better, with the usually recommended length being something in between 30 seconds and 3 minutes. Tag each video and provide an accurate description of it.
- Share your videos across channels, including blogs, social media pages, and video sites. Make sure that social media sharing buttons accompany all your videos so that viewers can spread the word about them with ease. Find out more about building a video SEO strategy here.
- Include a video transcript at the end of every video on your site. It’s especially important to do so for longer videos. This effective video SEO tip helps search engines quicker index your video, as well as understand what it’s about. Nowadays, video transcription services are cheap.
While video SEO isn’t hard, it can be painstaking, especially if you have many videos on your site and social profiles. Don’t waste your time with the practicalities of video tagging or linking – focus your energy on running your site instead. Let Lav1.com do video SEO for you.